How to Submit An App to Apple: From No Account to App Store – Part 2

Tony,

Thank you for walking me through my first app publication. I seriously could not have done it without your help.

I havent finish the tutorial, however I will like to know if besides $99 investment to have a developer account is there something else you need to pay apple?

No that is the only fee you need to pay to get your app in the app store.

Tony…thanks so much for a great tutorial. Very practical. I was able to get my first app submitted for review and your tutorial save me days in getting it done. Well done. Tom

Hi, i have a question.
What about if i don’t have a website, do i have to create one?

The support URL is now a required field. You can submit the app and once it is accepted fill in the URL. Also Apple has documentation on submission requirements at

In section 1.5 they state:
People need to know how to reach you with questions and support issues. Make sure your Support URL includes an easy way to reach you. Failure to include accurate and up-to-date contact information not only frustrates customers, but may violate the law in some countries. Also ensure that Wallet passes include valid contact information from the issuer and are signed with a dedicated certificate assigned to the brand or trademark owner of the pass.

In general your app looks more professional if you have a page and give folks a way to reach you should they want to. There are a lot of free places you can put together a simple web page. It is also a good place to put your privacy policy and other information about your app.

Ok thank you!!!
And i have another question…
If i’m enrolled as an individual programmer, my license is with my name and all that information. In my Xcode project i have the name of my what i want to be my company.
My question is: what the app store will show, my name that is in my license or the company name that is in my Xcode project
PD: I want to show the company name, if it’s possible.
Thank you!!!

Hi all,
I’m desperate and hoping to get some help here.
I’m that desperate that I don’t even know where to begin to solve my problem.
The app that I’m trying to get published just keeps on getting Build Failures in Xcode.

I get stuck at the “Running Your App on Your Device”.
So far I’ve spent several hours getting it right, redoing the whole process again and again.

Here are some of the errors I keep bumping into:

DropCharge has conflicting provisioning settings. DropCharge is automatically signed, but code signing identity iPhone Developer: Chris Smit (XXXXXXXXXX) has been manually specified. Set the code signing identity value to “iPhone Developer” in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.

Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.3’
“DropCharge” isn’t code signed but requires entitlements. It is not possible to add entitlements to a binary without signing it.

Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.3’
DropCharge requires a provisioning profile. Select a provisioning profile for the “Release” build configuration in the project editor.

I keep running around in circles.
I’ve deleted provisioning files from my Mac, deleted double certificate keys in my KeyChain, but nothing seems to work.
Hopefully someone can help here.
Thanks in advance.

It seems to get worse.

I’ve gone through a whole tutorial several times (https://www.raywenderlich.com/127939/submit-an-app-part-2 (this one), and now I get this error:
“Xcode cannot invoke ‘random’ with an argument list of type (Countable ClosedRange)'SKAction+SpecialEffects.swift”

Hello! I’m trying to get a developer in order to create my app (idea). I’m a little confused, so… few beginner questions: Would both of us be allowed to access app testing on our personal tablets? On who’s account? Or, is there a way to provide me the app on different stages and verify the accomplishment of milestones on my tablet? How far through this process, can he be of help? I mean, if the app is initially rejected, can he make the small changes needed, so that the app gets the approval and gets published? Many thanks!

Let’s answers each questions individually :

Would both of us be allowed to access app testing on our personal tablets?

You can create multiple iOS App Development certificate with your developer account, thus you can both test on your personal tablets. Sharing the same certificate is an option too, but you have to share the private key used to create the certificate.

On who’s account ?

The app will be test using the developer account, so the same for both tablets.

Or, is there a way to provide me the app on different stages and verify the accomplishment of milestones on my tablet?

I think you are referring to a way to share code between two developers ? In this case, you’re lucky, there is a course about mastering git on Ray Wenderlich running now :slight_smile: : https://www.raywenderlich.com/167622/new-course-mastering-git

He can also submit Testflight builds on the App Store, and you will get the latest version easily if you don’t want to use Xcode.

How far through this process, can he be of help?

You have to create the app record on iTunes connect, create a version, and the developer will be able to upload builds on it without having to know your credentials.

I mean, if the app is initially rejected, can he make the small changes needed, so that the app gets the approval and gets published?

If you don’t want to share your credentials, which I understand, as stated in my previous answer, the developer can submit builds to iTunes Connect. When you create your app version record, you can specify what to do when the app is approved by Apple, and can decide to have it automatically posted to App Store once approved.
If the build has not been approved by Apple, you have to change the app status before builds can be submitted again, so the developer can’t do anything without you (well, he can works on the bugs during this time :stuck_out_tongue: ). If I remember correctly, you can do it with the Connect app from Apple available on iOS.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]