Kodeco Forums

How To Make a Simple Playing Card Game with Multiplayer and Bluetooth, Part 7

This is a post by iOS Tutorial Team member Matthijs Hollemans, an experienced iOS developer and designer. You can find him on Google+ and Twitter. Welcome back to our monster 7-part tutorial series on creating a multiplayer card game over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi using UIKit! If you are new to this series, check out the […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2879-how-to-make-a-simple-playing-card-game-with-multiplayer-and-bluetooth-part-7

I am working my way thru the tutorial. When trying to compile the final project, I am getting the error
‘Multiple methods named ‘initWithType:’ found with mismatched result, parameter type or attributes’.
Not sure how to fix this. I’m on latest Xcode 7, learning Swift and using the tutorial to understand bluetooth.

Thanks,

Ron cookson

I am not sure this code will still work on iOS 9, even if you get it to compile. The multiplayer stuff was changed a few iOS versions ago.

I’d like to fix the error and try it. There was a post on how to fix the error but it’s archived and I can’t read it. Any ideas on what the error means and how to fix it?

Ron

I like the tutorial because it’s exact what I need for my project.
I experienced the same as ron_cookson. Got the same error and couldn’t find the answer in the given link.
I think it is a very basic, useful tutorial. Is it possible for you to rewrite it for IOS 9?
Would be great!
Prunus

hi ron_cookson!
try to cast the alloc return as flow:
return [(Packet*)[[self class] alloc] initWithType:packetType];
This work for me.
HieuHo

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]