Kodeco Forums

How To Make A Simple Drawing App with UIKit

This is a blog post by iOS Tutorial Team member Abdul Azeem, software architect and co-founder at Datainvent Systems, a software development and IT services company. At some stage in all of our lives, we enjoyed drawing pictures, cartoons, and other stuff. For me it was using a pen and paper when I was growing […]

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2862-how-to-make-a-simple-drawing-app-with-uikit

thanks, Very Helpful…!

Sir how to use Undo/Redo operation in this project

And also How to detect Black outline on image during drawing

Hi Sir, Can you Please share this tutorial in swift. Because i am new to swift and searching tutorial same as this in swift. So please help me…

Thanks…!

Hi sir, can you please tell be how to achieve paint brush strokes in objective c.

Thankyou… :slight_smile:

I followed this tutorial and it seems to work very well. I did find one problem though. If the screen is being touched very lightly when drawing sometimes the drawing stops. Like midway through a stroke the line stops drawing and in order to start drawing again you have to lift your finger off the screen and press again. This confuses me a great deal because I would think that if the touch gesture was not being recognized for a second then the drawing would stop for a brief second, and when it was recognized again the drawing would continue. This isn’t what happens though, you have to lift your finger off the screen and re-apply it. Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Is there any way to draw pixel art, using the UIKit?

Hi, @abdulazeem . Can you help me draw like this app:

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]