Kodeco Forums

How To Make A Game Like Bomberman With Unity

Ever want to blow up your friends? Learn how to make a game like a Bomberman with Unity 3D in this step by step tutorial that will have you setting bombs off with ease.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/244-how-to-make-a-game-like-bomberman-with-unity

wonderful tutorial! a similar one in unreal engine 4 would be great too :slight_smile: But thank you for taking the time to write this, its helped me brush up on information that was lost in my brain since I haven’t had as much time to program as much in the past 6 months or so.

1 Like

Thanks for cool tutorial of the great game!
If you put bombs as on image they exploded both.
As I remember in bomber-man bomb explode just horizontal or vertical.

Hi iam having bug at snapping bomb to grid can you please solve this bug for me

@bcbroom Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@eugene150 You’re right - it looks like the size of the collider for the bomb and the collider for the explosion effect are just the right size so they overlap when diagonal like that. I adjusted the size of the bomb collider, which seems to work.

collider-size

Make sure you select the prefab for the bomb, and select the collider sub object. I changed the x, y, and z scales of the collider to 0.12, which seems to fix this issue.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Can you clarify what bug you are seeing? Does it not run? Do you get an error?

sir, Iam instantiating bomb but the bomb is not not alligning to tile ,
after implementing the code that mentioned in the tutorial Mathf.RoundToInt ,
after this line of code also the bomb is not alligning to to grid instead it is placing at the position of player itself.
sir i have a test on this project for job opportunity please help me to solve this bug. thank you very much.

Hello Sir,

i created some obstacles and the explosion is going trought the obstacle and it hits the enemy behind the obstacle. What could i do to stop the explosion from getting trought the object? I want that only the object gets destroit. Sorry if my english is not perfect. Greetings from Germany.

@bcbroom Do you have any feedback regarding this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

If explosions are leaking through your obstacles, there are a couple of possibilities

1. The obstacle doesn’t have a physics collider associated with it.
  2. The new collider isn’t on the same “layer” as the other walls. Take a look at the “Add a LayerMask” section of the article and see if that helps.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!