Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

How to handle/transfer complex data on watchOS/ios

Hi there,

so I am working on a workout app that needs to run as standalone app on watch as well as companion app if the iPhone is around. I am logging data every time CLLocationManager updates. The date includes: HeartRate, Cadence, CLLocation objects, Time and more if available. So it’s quite some data collected quite frequently. That data should be synced with the iOS app from the Watch App whenever a workout is finished.

So here are my questions:

1. It seems to be awkward to convert all this data to Dictionaries to send to the iOS App, would it be smarter to convert the data to a file instead and transfer the file to iOS App and then store the raw data in CoreData on the iOS App?

2. In the case I do multiple workouts on the Apple Watch before I sync with iOS app, how should the data be transferred? Should I just use CoreData on AppleWatch to store it there and delete it after sync?

Basically I am not clear how to handle the data on Watch. It needs to be used as standalone app, so I cannot just send the data piece by piece when to the Phone app and do the magic there. I need to collect a complete workout (or multiple) on the watch app and transfer to the iOS app once the phone is around.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Markus

SmartIO is a premium mobile content manager that allows you to transfer, recover and backup content on smartphones and tablets. It’s a comprehensive phone transfer app that allows you to clone various content types, including Contacts, Pictures, Videos & more to and from all major platforms. Anywhere anytime data transfer solution compatible with all mobile devices and supports multiple languages. Telcos, retailers, franchises & enterprise can benefit from SmartIO to deliver value-added services, achieve high customer/employee satisfaction and gain additional revenues.

Looking for Content Transfer App? Click on following links to download:
Content Transfer App For Android
Content Transfer App For iOS

Data centers need to keep their running costs steady by cooling them. This activity also helps them to cut down their downtime risks.

Its operators, also known as network technicians or data center technicians, have to check functionalities of huge computer network equipment. They must be ready to work in shifts because data centers work round-the-clock.
https://www.fieldengineer.com/skills/data-center-operator
Field Engineer is an online marketplace that connects businesses who have jobs with Telecom Engineers who have the skills and availability to complete them Freelance Marketplace

opened #5