Kodeco Forums

How To Create an Xcode Plugin: Part 1/3

Get started with exploring app internals as you learn about developing Xcode plugins and some LLDB tips in this first of a three-part tutorial series.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1806-how-to-create-an-xcode-plugin-part-1-3

I am not getting ā€˜Package Managerā€™ option under Window menu when trying to install Alcatraz in Xcode 8.0. I did get the ā€˜Load Bundleā€™ pop up. and I see the same as allowed in com.apple.dt.Xcode defaults
ā€œDVTPlugInManagerNonApplePlugIns-Xcode-8.0ā€ = {
allowed = {
ā€œcom.mneorr.Alcatrazā€ = {
version = 1;
};
};
skipped = {
};
};

Xcode 8 upā€™d the ante for installing plugins. If you want to do this tutorial, I would recommend downloading Xcode 7 and using that for this tutorial, or checking out some of the solutions to unsigning Xcode found at Xcode 8 won't load plug-ins Ā· Issue #475 Ā· alcatraz/Alcatraz Ā· GitHub

Either way, make a backup of your current version of Xcode so you donā€™t have to re-download

Thanks, re signing Xcode worked.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]