How do I resume the last course I was taking?

Hello,

This question is directed primarily to the RayWenderlich.com staff. Each time that I return to the site, it takes me several minutes to find the class that I was last taking, and then resume it. There is nothing on the homepage that indicates what class I was last taking and thereā€™s nothing on the homepage that allows me to immediately resume said class.

(In case someone suggests that I just click ā€œPathsā€, choose a learning path, and then click ā€œContinueā€: ) Iā€™ve clicked around on the site a lot and sometimes, I use specific classes to learn a topic very quickly, so that I can continue with some other Swift study or project. As a result, even if I got to ā€œPathsā€ (everyone is not studying a specific path), and click ā€œContinueā€, it then shows a video that is part of a path but is not necessarily the last video course I was taking.

I think this is a usability issue that I am praying can be resolved. The stress of trying to find what course I was last taking so that I can resume it is so stressful that sometimes, I avoid the site and go elsewhereā€¦which is in turn frustrating because Iā€™m actually paying for a membership and enjoy the courses (when I can find them!).

Can this please, PLEASE be resolved?? I didnā€™t know where to post this question, so Iā€™m hoping this is the right place. Thank you for listening.

2 Likes

Hello! If you log onto raywenderlich.com (and you are logged in), you should have a customized home page that contains a ā€œContinue Watchingā€ section:

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.14.46 PM

That shows a list of courses you are watching, and you can click on them to continue where you left off. Does that help at all, or are you looking for something else?

1 Like

Thank you, that settings panel wasnā€™t visible in my browser, but Iā€™ve now clicked the cogwheel icon and itā€™s displaying.

I think it would be much more useful to place the ā€œContinue Watchingā€ section at the top to display if a user was actually watching a class, instead of so far down the page. :frowning:

Either way, I"m glad thereā€™s something there that allows me to finally continue watching the classes I last watched. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.