How do I get the latest placemarks that the user has in the Maps application in iOS?

How do I get the latest placemarks that the user has in the Maps application in iOS?

Hi @brower, do you mean how do you get the user’s latest location on a map or how to display the user’s placemark description of location on a map?

I mean all the latest placemarks that were showing in the Maps app. For instance, the user looked at an Ice Cream store on the Maps app. I would like to be able to use code to find that out.

I got a comment on another post in another forum saying that I can’t do that because it would violate the user’s privacy.

Hi @brower, I understand now. Unfortunately you would probably be violating some Apple privacy guideline with trying to to view another users placemark. From Apple’s website, “location services allows Apple and third-party apps and websites to use information based on the current location of your iPhone or Apple Watch to provide a variety of location-based services.” I don’t believe that would include what you would like to do since it’s not providing a service but rather using code to check what a user looked at. Here is the link, Legal - Location Services & Privacy - Apple. Thank you for reaching out and happy coding!

Gina

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.