How do I create a Launchscreen.xib file in Xcode?

I noticed in Lyndsey Scott’s tutorial Tesseract OCR Tutorial for iOS that her project contains a Launchscreen.xib file instead of a Launchscreen.storyboard. How do I create a Launchscreen.xib file like she did?

Hi @brower, you could delete the current LaunchScreen.storyboard then create a “new file”. Under “User Interface” select “View”. After, you can name your xib LaunchScreen and you can test it out by adding a label with something like “Test Launch” and run the app. You should see the launch screen appear!

Best,
Gina

1 Like

I am trying to create launch screen in an older iOS App using Xcode 8. I need .xib launch screen but Xcode is creating Launch Screen.storyboard. Could anyone suggest please.

Thank you in advance.

Learn how to use castor oil for stretch marks . An easy and powerful treatment for stretch marks, for you to lighten red streaks and soften white streaks.

Hi @alimartin, have you tried the steps above? If so then you can try to create the file (as listed in the previous post) then go to the “General” of your selected target and under launch icon and images select the xib you just created.

Best,
Gina

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.