Getting Started With PromiseKit | raywenderlich.com

Asynchronous programming can be a real pain and can easily result in messy code. Fortunately for you, thereā€™s a better way using promises & PromiseKit on iOS.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/9208-getting-started-with-promisekit

Thanks for the tut, @owenb. Very useful. will definitely give it a try.

@awaisfayyazbp Really glad you like it. Cheers! :]

When I tried to build the finished project it says: ā€œNo such module ā€˜PromiseKitā€™ā€.
I am looking for a solution, but just saw that you answered 16 min ago for a chance to go the easy way on this. (=

@owenb Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@shogunkaramazov @owenb
Wow thanks for the fast reply, I already found the solution though.

I didnā€™t open the workspace but the project file. I am newbie and wasnā€™t aware what a workspace was. C:

starrider64 glad you got it going!

@owenb Thank for this tutorial, itā€™s great!
At the end of your article, you said: ā€œAlso note that all of the promises will still resolve, so there are still five network calls, even though you only care about one.ā€ regarding calling race with an array of promises.
Do you happen to know how to handle cancelling the remaining promises after the first one fulfils?
Thanks

Hi bar.wol,
I donā€™t know of a way to cancel race within PromiseKit, but did come across an extension to PromiseKit that handles it.
Checkout: GitHub - johannesd/CancellablePromiseKit: Extends the amazing PromiseKit to cover cancellable tasks.

You guys should remove the links to PromiseKit dot org which is now a spammy blog that has nothing to do with PromiseKit

*doing my best to not give them another link from this forum :slight_smile:

@owenb Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hey thanks ckbrown for the heads up!
We will get the links changed to https://github.com/mxcl/PromiseKit/tree/master/Documentation.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!