Getting Started with Core Data Tutorial | Ray Wenderlich

Learn the basics of building the data layer of your iOS app in this getting started with Core Data tutorial!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/145809/getting-started-core-data-tutorial

I have proceeded with this tutorial with Xcode 10 IOS 12

I have doubled check my code (until I began to see funny things) and cannot find anything wrong. Have gone through the Storyboard steps also. So I downloaded the project and then compared the ViewController with mine and found no differences. So I ran the HitList program from the downloaded file and found the same issue exists with the tutorial program.

I looked into the Simulator - debug - showed the open system log and got a bunch of the following messages:

“Sep 21 11:49:07 Richards-MacBook-Air siriactionsd[23201]: rootless_convert_to_datavault: not protecting /Users/rfwarnock/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/A47752D2-D52F-40CF-ACC0-F164E10E5EAC/data/Library/VoiceShortcuts while running in simulator”

and the messages keep printing…

Any Ideas to help me?

@pietrorea Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]