Functional Programming with Kotlin and Arrow: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

In this tutorial, you will learn the fundamentals of functional programming and how various Kotlin language features enable functional programming concepts.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/9527-functional-programming-with-kotlin-and-arrow-getting-started

Will there be similar thing for Bow? :slight_smile:

Appreciate you holding my hand as we cross the road but before we get to the other side can I please put in an ice-cream request? :icecream:

A simple arrow-test illustration on a new data structure. For example, Semigroup.laws this.combine(that). As I can’t find any help on how to implement any of the laws (beginner-friendly).

Thanks for bridging the gap for the beginner. Looking forward to the remaining articles in this series. Bye. :wave:

Hi @kjd016
Thanks for your comment. As said in the article, this is a long, and not easy journey, we’re doing together from OO to fully understand what a Monad is :slight_smile: I think it would be impossible to put here what you’re asking because it’d require too much space, but you gave me a nice idea for a tutorial :slight_smile: Looking at the arrow testing framework I can advise you to use the FP superpower: abstraction and composition

Thanks
Max

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!