For career development,is it better to focus on one platform development like iOS development or android development

For career development,is it better to focus on one platform development like iOS development or android development,and specialized it. Or to master both iOS and android development?

I did three iOS apps in the last 2 years, but I found in iOS area still many things are new to me. I worked for a small company, too many area need to handle,windows form c# ,asp.met,iOS,.etc. so I found although I can do many things, but none of area is expert level.

Hi @yangwulong1978! I think youโ€™ll get a mix of answers depending on the person. I personally love iOS development and so Iโ€™ve solely been focusing on iOS. iOS development certainly has many topics and knowing many of those topics would take time however, now a days there are many wonderful resources out there to learn from. If youโ€™re focusing on career development then I would think about a few things such as: Do I have a passion for iOS and or Android? Do I enjoy learning one or the other more or both equally? Do I want to work for a larger company that most likely has their own iOS team and or a startup that may lean towards hiring someone who knows both iOS & Android? So then maybe learning React Native might be an option as well. Every company looks for something different thus, I would personally take the route that strikes the most passion in me because it would essentially be something Iโ€™d be working in for a long time.

Best,
Gina

1 Like