Firts time coding in life

Hi I am new to development life, I haven’t code before this and I am starting learning Flutter to develop apps for my own startups, I have a window system, how I can get started?

@iadanish welcome to development life!

You can still develop Flutter applications using windows system.
You just need to download an IDE like Visual Studio Code or Android Studio.

You will still need to download Android Studio in order to install the emulators using AVD Manager.

The awesome thing about Flutter is that it is cross platform! You can build for iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Linux, and soon even windows apps.

So if you are using windows I would start with Android as the emulator of choice when you go through these chapters!

If you want to test on iOS simulator, you will unfortunately still need to use a macOS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, jomoka for your wishes, I am very excited because of its cross-platform

Yes @iadanish! Slowly but surely. The more practice you do the better you will get!

I just checked out chapter 1. I think this is something we can improve by either adding a note or provide more information/instructions if you are a windowsOS user.

You can check out:
How to install Android emulator on windows

How to setup Flutter in VSCode if that’s your preferred IDE:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, man, it’s really helpful.

Yes, for newbies it’s just hard to do with script we need tutorials to get started.

2 Likes

Hi @iadanish I am also new to the flutter world… and from all my hunting for tutorials that actually work, you have come to the right place. The community forums, the tuts, the on point up to date referencing is truly a cut above… Happy Coding!

1 Like

@aifx4intel yes it’s true I searched for many tutorials and courses, today morning I visited Product Hunt and which leads me to the Flutter website and then here we meet.

coding is not hard to learn . However, like anything new, it’s not easy to start, and how difficult a time one has with learning to code will vary across a number of factors. The point is, learning to code isn’t impossible; or, it’s not as impossible as it might seem when it comes to getting your kids involved.

mybpcreditcard

1 Like