Firebase Tutorial: Real-time Chat

Hi, I have a "No such module ā€˜FirebaseAuthā€™ error when building, I have already pod update and pod install, nothing changesā€¦ Someone has a solution ? Thanks :blush:

same here
after downloaded material, when i open stater project it says ā€œthe file couldnā€™t be openedā€

Even after I completed the tutorial, the chat bubbles arenā€™t showing the sender names above them and the avatars are showing the default (ā€œ?ā€) instead of being size (.zero). I tried using the already Finished version of the project code and the issues still didnā€™t resolve. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know why this might be happening? Everything else is fine.

@naturaln0va Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :}

Hey ,
Is there any option to run project in xCode 9 ?

Sorry youā€™re having trouble. You only need to run pod install in the Starter-RWRC folder. On the current beta version of Xcode 10, which is version 6, I am not able to replicate this issue. What step in the tutorial are you experiencing this issue?

What version of Xcode are you running? Keep in mind the tutorial is written for Xcode 10. Did you run pod install? What step in the tutorial caused this issue for you?

Iā€™m wondering if you are using the newer version of MessageKit. This may have happened if you ran the pod update command in the beginning instead of pod install.

Sorry but this tutorial was written for Xcode 10. However, you should be able to get the sample project to run in Xcode 9 with some modifications.

libMobileGestalt MobileGestalt.c:890: MGIsDeviceOneOfType is not supported on this platform.

Any idea how to fix this error? Do I have to wait for Apple to update? Simulation is stuck on RW background.

What part of the tutorial causes this issue for you?

The beginning of starter RWRC. The final RWRC works perfectly but running the starter doesnā€™t load the LoginViewController. I see ā€˜(lldb)ā€™ in blue below the error.
I completed the the previous tutorial by Tom, looking to complete this one too.
Both great tutorials!

Hey I was wondering if there any link or way to follow the old tutorial before it was updated to xcode 10?

Can you try re-downloading the project? There may have been an issue with the Cocapods installation.

There isnā€™t a way to view the old tutorial. Old tutorial links are redirected to the updates. Sorry about that.

Okay, gotcha. thank you

I do not see the starter project.

I wanted to download the starter project

There is a green button that says Download materials that will download both the starter project and the final completed project. Hereā€™s that link: https://koenig-media.raywenderlich.com/uploads/2018/08/RWRC.zip

Thanks. Also I am using fire base database instead of me putting firestore.firestore . Since Iā€™m using firebase could I substitute it with database.database().