Firebase Tutorial: Getting Started

Ran into the signoutButtonPressed which doesn’t really signout users (doesn’t remove them from the database). I tried out some of the solutions below & they work, but I’m wondering if you could do an update showing & explaining your preferred solution. Thanks!

Great tutorials. Two concerns:

1. Seems you use too many if XXX == nil, can we use if let XXX = XXX instead? It is more Swift~
  2. For self in the closure, I am wondering if we need to declare them as [weak self] to avoid retain cycle.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

I get the following error when I attempt to build

ld: library not found for -lPods
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I second the “Thank You” for a great tutorial. I had a lot of problems when I first attempted it, but then went to Google’s Code Lab and completed their Friendly Chat app and learned a lot. After that, Grocr went very smoothly for me.

I had the same problem with authentication, download again GoogleService-Info.plist fix it, Thank you.

Is it possible to preload the device database with data?

The idea is I want to do an application to use GPS and the user is usally in offline mode.

If the user install the application and It’s going to use it for the first time in offline mode I want the preloaded data in the device.

The preloaded data should be the same or an older release of the online data.

Thanks for the tutorial. Everything working.

Great tutorial. Thanks you!

Hello autor. Why did you use struct and not class?

Great Post
Thanks a lot it helped me a lot
I am also going to share it to my friends and over my social media.
Also,
Hackr.io is a great platform to find and share the best tutorials and they have a specific page for Firebase

This might be useful to your readers: Learn Firebase - [2020] Best Firebase Tutorials | Hackr.io

how to observe the values continuously in firebase

Thank you! I really enjoyed the tutorial. And I really appreciated the accompanying graphics.

This tutorial is more than six months old, so questions regarding it are no longer supported. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]