Error when compiling Textures for macOS

I’m not seeing that unfortunately on macOS for 10.15. It works for 10.14

For iOS I deleted DerivedData, but not the other folder and it works on iOS 13.0 and 13.4.

I am downloading Xcode 11.4.1 and will run the test afterwards

Hello

Given
MacBookPro running with MacOs 10.15.4 (19E287)
Xcode Version 11.4.1 (11E503a)
Open final project of chapter 6

When
Compiling with Mac OS Deployment target : 10.15

Then
Build is a fail

:rage:

When
Compiling with Mac OS Deployment target : 10.14

Then
Build is a success

When
Compiling with iOS Deployment target : default (do not know what it means)

Then
Build is a success

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

After messing around I found I stupidly missed that I had opened the 10.14 version of my project…

I did hear back from Apple. It sounds like this might be a forever problem I am trying to get them to understand the issue. They unfortunately side stepped my question about the actool and want to talk about the choice in PNG format (which is fair, in a normal prod environment we would want to use another format)

I will keep talking with them but for now, @Caroline you may need to think about revisiting the AC usage :/. Its not ideal but could be an opportunity to talk about packed image formats??? Happy to help out with that!

In theory, the whole scene should be pre-encoded to match the specific engine. There’s a good example of that in Apple’s Model I/O sample from Art to Engine: WWDC17 - Videos - Apple Developer

I think that ASTC is mentioned, but did you have another packed image format in mind? Apple’s newest amazing sample of Amazon’s Bistro uses ktx I believe.

That’s a nice thing about asset catalogs. You can import pngs into your catalog, but change the pixel format to ASTC.