Error in latest book? (Chapter 2: Nodes) not same in xCode

Changing the image DPI from 144 to 72 in Preview - Tools - Adjust Size also worked for me. Thank you.

Iā€™d like to fix the image using your method - but Iā€™m rather new at using GIMP.

As soon as I open the file - GIMP says it has an embedded color profile and offers to convert it to sRGB.
Accept or Pass?

I skipped converting and followed your instruction to add the alpha channel.
Next - switch the image mode to RGB.
Now - did you mean ā€œSaveā€ or ā€œExportā€ as the final step?
ā€œSaveā€ wants to save it as an xcf file - so I have been trying ā€œExportā€ instead, but there is no checkbox for ā€œAlpha Channelā€.

Yes, you definitely want Export, not Save. Make sure you save the file as a .png and that should work for you.

This worked for me.

Bit annoying that itā€™s still in the latest book, which was just refreshed this week.

I had same issue as everyone else. Resizing 72dpi didnā€™t seem to do the trick or adding adding alpha channel. The only thing that worked for me was dragging image to assets.xcassets and replacing the line with scnScene.background.contents = ā€œBackground_Diffuseā€ ā€¦does anyone have an idea when a formal solution will be corrected in book?

I have the solution :
drag the file Background_Diffuse.png to Assets.xcassets and in the function SetupScene() add the code : scnScene.background.contents = ā€œBackground_Diffuseā€

Thatā€™s all :grin: