Error generating xcode project hello-world

Hi, I’m trying to follow along with the server side swift kitura book, and am in chapter 2.
I’m having problems generating the xcode project:
I’ve copied the error I get below. I suspect it’s something to do with Mojave and XCode 10.1

Has anyone had these errors before?
Thanks,
Filip

~/Documents/Study/Ray/Kitura/hello-world filip@ swift package generate-xcodeproj

/Users/filip/Documents/Study/Ray/Kitura/hello-world: error: manifest parse error(s):

:29:9: note: in file included from :29:

#import “string.h”

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/string.h:180:10: note: in file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/string.h:180:

#include “strings.h”

^

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/strings.h:92:10: note: in file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/strings.h:92:

#include <string.h>

^

/usr/local/include/string.h:25:10: note: in file included from /usr/local/include/string.h:25:

#include <plist/Node.h>

^

/usr/local/include/plist/Node.h:26:10: error: ‘cstddef’ file not found

#include

^

;:0: error: could not build Objective-C module ‘Darwin’

@seabaylea Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@filipd I suspect the issue is that you may not have the Xcode Command Line tools installed. Could you run the following from the command line/terminal?

xcode-select --install

Hi, thank you for your advise.
I’ve tried the command, but it claims the command line tools are already installed

@seabaylea Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@filipd It looks like the following might be the issue:

which is caused by a issue with a previous install of another package.

Thank for the tip!
Now I could solve it with that information, I’m back in business!

1 Like