Errata Core Data by Tutorials v4.0

On page 162 of the pdf we read:

“Select the NoteToNote mapping. Select the attachments relationship row in the list of
relationships so that the Inspector changes to reflect the properties of the relationship
mapping.”

Should this not be:

“Select the NoteToAttachment mapping. Select the note relationship row in the list of
relationships so that the Inspector changes to reflect the properties of the relationship
mapping.”

Yep it should.
I followed the tutorial, which lead into the app crashing since the mapping would set an NSManagedObject where a Set had been expected.

So I removed the attachment mapping on NoteToNote and made the alternative mapping you mentioned above, and all worked out without any issues.

edit: I’m using v4.0.1

v.4.0.1
Xcode 9.2

On p. 42, the books says:

Luckily, Core Data anticipates this problem. With the photoData attribute selected,
open the Attributes Inspector and check the Allows External Storage option.

It should say:

Luckily, Core Data anticipates this problem. With the photoData attribute selected,
open the Data Model Inspector and check the Allows External Storage option.

v.4.0.1

Suggestion, rather than errata.

p. 47 says:

Note: Similar to @dynamic in Objective-C, the @NSManaged attribute informs the Swift compiler the backing store and implementation of a property will be provided at runtime instead of compile time.

The normal pattern is for a property to be backed by an instance variable in memory. A property on a managed object is different: It’s backed by the managed object context, so the source of the data is not known at compile time.

That note should go immediately after the code on p. 46. The way it is now so far removed from the code, I had no idea what @NSManaged was.

v 4.0.1

Chapter 8 keeps mentioning microseconds

as you can see it takes about 5,000 microseconds (5 seconds)

Page 217 mentions it twice, and page 220 has it twice as well.

That should be milliseconds, not microseconds.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.