Elegant Transitions with Hero | Ray Wenderlich

Learn the basics of Hero, an elegant transition library for iOS. Hero makes it simple to achieve the kind of results you'd expect from software like Keynote, in your own apps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4964-elegant-transitions-with-hero

Apologies but I’m unable to view videos for this tutorial in Safari. I’ve tried clearing my cache / cookies and history but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrew

I am also not able to see the video for this tutorial.

If you could continue this conversation over here, with more details, I’ll try to get this all cleared up as soon as possible:

Thanks to you both! Sorry you’re having problems. :[

Yeah I just subscribed and it’s just not showing any video on the screen. I’ve tried multiple browsers and logging in and out. It’s just showing a black background where the video should be.

Hi @anon54059398

Apologies for the issues you’ve been experiencing. I have some questions:

1. What browsers have you tried?
  2. Are you using any content-blocker plugins?
  3. Are you seeing any errors in the console?

If none of these help you get to the bottom of the problem, please could you open a support ticket by emailing support@razeware.com, including some screenshots of the problem?

Thanks very much

sam

I just purchased the monthly subscription and wish to learn more about Hero. The video will not load.

I am using Safari 10.1.2.

Console shows the following error:

[Error] Origin https://videos.raywenderlich.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.
[Error] Failed to load resource: Origin https://videos.raywenderlich.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin. (4e0d808b-bb9d-4ff7-acea-11ea527e049a.png, line 0)
[Error] Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy. (x2)

I tried to use Chrome with a CORS extension but that did not work. It gave a 404 error - the video was not found on vimeo.

Is there anything else I can do on my end to watch videos? Thank you.

I don’t know what happened but the video suddenly started working on a different tab. SMH. Thank you to anyone who fixed this behind the scenes. Salud!!

I too am unable to view this video. When I click the Play arrow, it just churns but never manages to load and play.

Same problem the video is not playing. All the videos throughout the site :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

The same here: no video.

I’ve tried too. There’s no video here.

Edited: Try your iPhone / iPad. I just got it to work on my iPhone!

Something wrong with it displaying on Chrome + Safari on Mac.

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the problems you’ve been experiencing with this video. This was due to a CDN issue with our provider. They’re working on a fix for it, which should be deployed by the end of the week.

In the meantime, I’ve just deployed a version of the site that should allow you to view videos again. It uses a fallback video player, which doesn’t have quite the same functionality that you’re used to, but it will at least allow you to watch videos again.

Once again, apologies for the the problems

Sam

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.