Does know anything about users being able to modify/influence/change levels?

Ok so I have been developing some ideas to get to work on and I have one specifically that I need some assistance with. The App will be called “A Walk On the Beach.” It’s somewhat of a 3D representation of the Apple app “Calm.” The idea is that you can take a virtual stroll up and down a pier on the beach. Building the level of a pier seems self explanatory to me… but my question is this… How could I make it so that players can leave notes on the pier for other users to read and or respond to? I was thinking something like a virtual “peg board” at the end of the pier where players can “pin up” pictures or post it’s. Basically my question is how can I make it so that one player can make a change to the level (leave a note on the peg board) and it will permanently change the level so that any other player that visits the pier can then see that note.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this would be helpful!

Hi @bretskee,
There are several ways to manage this, gps co-ordinates, beacons, etc. However they all rely on a specificity and accuracy. You can also look at the new features that are introduced in ARKit, so you could potentially save the notes in a world, upload to cloud and another user downloads the world for that point and finds the note. Not sure about the accuracy (ARKit is not yet in my list of things)

cheers,

Jayant

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.