Kodeco Forums

Custom UICollectionViewLayout Tutorial With Parallax

Introduced in iOS6, UICollectionView is a first-class choice for advanced customization and animation. Learn more in this UICollectionViewLayout tutorial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/527-custom-uicollectionviewlayout-tutorial-with-parallax

Big thanks!!
I needed to make a collection view supported bidirectional scrolling and the sticky section headers. This article really helped me a lot!

@dino_law
can you please give an idea how you implemented that layout i am also searching for biderctional layout.

@muh_azharudheen
You only need to set the correct value for var collectionViewContentSize: CGSize just like in the scrollView, and that’s all you need for the bidirectional layout.

@dino_law thnq :slight_smile:

If you add a translucent Navigation bar with or without a SearchBar, the collection view will be underneath. How can I solve this Problem without hard coded Offsets?

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]