Creating Snow Trails in Unreal Engine 4 | raywenderlich.com

In this Unreal Engine 4 tutorial, you will learn how to create deformable snow trails using a scene capture and render targets

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/196937/creating-snow-trails-in-unreal-engine-4

Hello. I recently discovered this tutorial and I am trying to use it as part of a larger work project. The computer I built it on doesn’t have network access, so I followed the instructions in the tutorial, but used the Third Person template as a base. Despite following the instructions exactly, the project does not work. The snow does not deform at all. Do you think you can help me figure out why this is happening?

If you haven’t used the starter project for the tutorial, you may have missed the step where the custom depth needs to be set up. From the tutorial:

Note: To save time, I have already rendered the character and boxes to Custom Depth. If you want to add snow-affecting objects, make sure you enable Render CustomDepth Pass on them