Circular dependency between modules 'Realm' and 'RealmSwift'

A clean brand new project with just Realm installed with cocoaPods and gives this error. Circular dependency between modules ‘Realm’ and ‘RealmSwift’.

Any Ideas of what might it be.

I just erase the import RealmSwift line and everything runs and shows the app in the simulator. Clean Build several times and the same happens.

@freak4pc Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hey there - If this is an entirely new project where you only installed Realm and imported it, this seems like a bug in Realm to me, and not something entirely related to this book.

Could you try to install the specific version supported in this book (3.4.0) and see if the problem persists ?

Good day, yes. It seems its related to Realm and not the book. I sent the xcode project to realm hopping they can find the bug.

I tried with other version and it is still there. I will wait for Realm support and will post their answer it they find a solution.

Best regards.

I had the same problem. In my case the problem was the project name: My new clean project was named simply ‘Realm’.
I try to create a new project with another name and the error disappeared.