Charts: Plotting Data | Ray Wenderlich

In this screencast, you'll learn how to use the Charts framework to create a line chart and bar chart.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5013-charts-plotting-data

I have been viewing allot of Videos for many years, but this has been the worst I have ever seen. Starting fry om the very beginning, you jump right into the project with it all set up. Assuming that it will work for the average person. Not taking in consideration of all the problems that may come up. I spent 2 days in just to get Charts to work properly. Even though I have the latest Charts for install by CocoPods.
You should have explained the complete setup.
Anyway, wish you well, and please do not bother in replying

I feel the same way hcri50 does on this one. I’m studying your source code to figure out how you made it work with no success yet. Thinking it’ll probably take me a day or two as well because you guys just jumped into the deep end right off the bat. A little understanding the entire process would help a great deal.

1 Like

I am still struggling with Charts and out of all the video courses presented by RayWenderlich, this is probably the most upsetting. I have followed many of the video courses and all I have to say is that they have all been masterfully done. Well thought of from beginning to end. I hope that you will be able to go back to the drawing board and redo this course. THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT YOU ARE AN EXPERT, And I am sure that you would be able to succeed a second time.
Sincerely
Robert

@hcri50 @2dperry24

I’m sorry that this has been such a disappointment to you both, but we most certainly welcome your feedback! The team has been running with the idea that screencasts are for advanced developers who want only a quick introduction, while courses are designed to be considerably more hands-on and instructive. Are you finding this screencast to be particularly worse than all others?

First of all, thank you for your reply. On a scale for 1 to 10, I would give it a 1. for my level. This Video Cast that you have made should be classified, For ADVANCE USERS. This way there would be no expectations for the novice person. By doing that, my own experience would not matter.
Simply reclassify the material for the more advance. And individuals like me, would have nothing to say on how the course was presented.
I love your style, I just wish that there was an entry level for Charts.
Wish you a Good Year for 2018.

1 Like

Great screencast, needed to use this today. Easy to follow and setup (: thanks a ton!

1 Like