Charts in iOS - Best Solution?

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to implement a charts feature into an app that I’m building - XY Scatter plots, and Bar Graphs.

I’ve done some (a lot) digging and have found three viable routes to take.

1. Charts 3.0 - GitHub - danielgindi/Charts: Beautiful charts for iOS/tvOS/OSX! The Apple side of the crossplatform MPAndroidChart.

I’ve managed to graph an extremely broken XY scatter but the configuration of the plot is incredibly confusing.

Seems to be the most robust solution out there and I was willing to jump all in on it however this is a port from an android version and most documentation is in java which is currently too abstract for me.

I’ve tried following this AppCoda tutorial but its outdated and the syntax is broken. How to Use iOS Charts API to Create Beautiful Charts in Swift

1. Swift Charts

Works ok, and is easy to implement however it is too simplistic - no secondary y-axis being a problem.

1. Core Graphics

Any input of what I should do would be appreciated! Does anyone know of a good Charts 3.0 tutorial?

Thanks!

I’ve been using Shinobi Charts on a client project and been very impressed with how powerful the API is. Good performance and easy to use. Of course, the best things in life are not free. You get what you pay for.

https://www.shinobicontrols.com/shinobicharts

Geoff.

I think this iOS Charts tutorial on line charts, bar charts, and pie charts is a good concise way to get started quickly. It’s also been updated to Swift 5 and the latest version of Charts.