Chapter 8 Running Linux on Docker

Not sure if this is to be expected or not, but when I updated the DockerFile & Dockerfile-tools files and ran kitura build and kitura run terminal commands I did get the message that the server was listening on port 8080 like the book indicated, but after that I was presented with a timestamp & com.ibm.diagnostics.healthcenter.loader WARNING: formatCPU(): Could not obtain/parse CPU usage data. that updated every few seconds.
I did ^C to stop the server as the messages were annoying.

Is this expected? Any idea what is causing this to happen? I have no idea if this is a Linux thing or a docker thing.

My initial search of the warning seemed to indicate that it was related to Node.js or Java. not having some agent of a Heath Centre client. Not sure if there is anything to do even. AFAIK the kitura run command does the same thing as the Xcode run button for this project.

@seabaylea Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

The SwoftMetrics module (which is collecting the data) does so by parsing the /proc/{pid}/stat file on the filesystem inside the Docker container. Sometimes the warning message you see occurs in Docker because the there’s some latency between startup and data appearing in that file.

If the problem persists, would it be possible for you to raise an issue agains the SwiftMetrics project here:

submitted here Multiple warnings when server is running in Docker container · Issue #212 · RuntimeTools/SwiftMetrics · GitHub