Chapter 6 and 7 release date?

Is there any rough idea about when chapter 6 and 7 will be released?

@mandafrederick Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hello, @swiftlearnerforlife! Thank you for your inquiry! We are planning to release the remainder of Machine Learning in the first part of 2019 as our teams are busy training their machines and getting everything just right. Thank you!

1 Like

ok brilliant, hopefully this will be in January and not March :pray:

1 Like

polite coughing

I’d love to know a bit more about chapter 7 and about using transfer learning for object detection - as this chapter isn’t yet released can anyone point me to someplace else to learn about this?

Cheers
Liam

@hollance @audrey @clapollo Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

We don’t plan to release any more individual chapters. The full version of the book is scheduled for release some time in April. As far as additional resources for object detection, I think @hollance would be the best person to ask about that.

Thanks for your patience as we wrap up everything! :slight_smile:

-Chris

We’re essentially using this in the book: Object Detection · GitBook

Turi Create makes it easy to do transfer learning for object detection.

The book explains in more detail how this works. If you want to know a LOT of details, check out my blog post: One-stage object detection

Thanks so much for the reply!

I’ll read all of that now.

When this book is going to be completed and released?

Thank you!!!