Chapter 5 Playground_Sources error

Thanks for the details! I’m going to bookmark this in case it starts misbehaving again. :slight_smile:

Hey all - sorry for the problems with Playgrounds :frowning:

Luckily the ones in Xcode 10 are supposed to be substantially better so other books using Playgrounds should have an easier time

I’m general most users have been able to use the playgrounds with no issues - but this is really the annoying part with playground issues, that they’re so random :man_shrugging:

I’m glad to hear you worked it out ! Let me know if there are any other issues and I’ll look into it

Shai

I couldn’t agree more with you pknitter. I have lost several hours of time that I don’t have messing about with these silly playgrounds. To Ray and his crew, when you are putting together any new books or material, please, for the love of God, eliminate the useless, buggy, playgrounds.

/endofmyrant

It is unfortunate the instability of Playgrounds is causing so much headaches across users. We see it as a very valuable way of delivering instantly-resolvable exercises and pieces of knowledge, but if it will keep misbehaving for a large portion of users I think it’s definitely worth looking further into going around this.

Also, Xcode 10 introduced some more stability around 3rd party dependencies for Playgrounds - So my fingers are crossed that this will help along the way :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with Xcode 10 beta
Big headache! Playgrounds usually work good. Everytime I had some issue was when importing libraries like this one or RxSwift
Still hurting. I didn’t manage to fix it yet