Chapter 5 Challenge

What’s the particle system template type used for the first challenge at the end of chapter five? I tried all the templates and set the parameters of each to same as what was in the solution file, but none of them appear even close to the solution. The closest one I could get was using the Fire template, but in that one if I use the same settings as the template, my particles emit from the center while in the solution file they emit some distance from the center. Also the particles are much larger in the solution version. I can drag and drop the Explode.scnp file from the solution project into mine but that doesn’t tell me how it was created. I’m using Xcode 9.2 beta 2. I’m wondering if the templates have changed in Xcode from when the book was written.

thanks

@chrislanguage Can you please help with this one when you actually get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi there, the Fire Template is definitely the best starting point. I’m not aware of any drastic changes in the particle system. The solution particle system does work as it should, thus your approach to solving the challenge by copying settings is sound. That said, instead of just copying, the challenge is actually trying to get you to play with the settings, to see how each one affects the outcome of the particle system behaviour.

I will see if I can find the time to run through the same test as you did, by copying the settings. Will let you know if I spot anything out of place.

Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.