Chapter 4 - Creating List in Xcode 11.0 Produces an Exception

I’m currently following the tutorial on chapter 4. When I reached the instruction to add the property let repairs = List<Repair>() to the Car class, I cannot run the program.

The log printed this:
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

In the code, the error appeared on the Realm initialization:
error: Execution was interrupted, reason: signal SIGABRT. The process has been left at the point where it was interrupted, use "thread return -x" to return to the state before expression evaluation.

PS: I’m using Realm 3.18.0, because if I’m using the default Realm 3.13.0 from the tutorial, I cannot run it on Xcode 11.0’s Playground.

@freak4pc Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hey, since the book is not updated to the latest Realm it’s a bit hard to debug this way.

Could you add the chapter code to a regular Xcode project and see what kind of issue you’re getting? It would make it much easier to assist and update for the next release :slight_smile:

cc/ @icanzilb

Does the code work with the required xcode 10?

@freak4pc, @shogunkaramazov

Running the code up to the line
let repairs = List<Repair>()
in a single view xcode project runs without error. This was using Xcode 11.1 and Realm 3.20.0 (the most recent build)

This makes me think the error is specific to Playgrounds and the use of List as the code up until the addition of the List property runs without a hitch.

Thanks much for the help.

Jon

Sorry for this not working for you. Playgrounds are quite fickle but I’m happy to hear it works fine in a regular project! Thank you for letting us know :slight_smile:

I am having the sample problem with Xcode 11 and the realm version is 3.20.0 as well.

@lmw41 Do you still have issues with this?

Hi, just for your Info. I am using Xcode 11.3 and Realm 4.3.0 and facing the same problem.

1 Like

@cranimax Do you still have issues with this?