Chapter 32 : CoreDara, how to share some fields?

chapter 32 by Eli Ganim, has been useful in saving my data on local device, now working on a slightly different scenario, i have an Entity called TouristLocations which has attributes like name, location , website, type etc.

Of all the attributes i want information of name and location of the tourist place to become available to all users of apps that have installed the app, how can i do this…

I hear cloudkit is the way to go but i do not know how, also will core data then become redundant, please guide which material i will need to buy to get info on this …

Thanks

One option is to save .json files from your server into core data on the app. If I recall there is some info in the Core Data RW book about this in the iTunes example project.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum @amitsrivastava! If you are interested in exploring CloudKit I would recommend checking out this tutorial that may be a great starting point. The tutorial will teach you “how to add and query data in iCloud from your app, as well as how to manage that data using the CloudKit dashboard.”

https://www.raywenderlich.com/4878052-cloudkit-tutorial-getting-started.

Best,
Gina

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.