Chapter 25, MyLocations crashes on tapping Tag Location

I’m trying to run MyLocations after adding the DateFormatter code in chapter 25, and when I tap “Tag Location”, the application crashes with an NSInternalInconsistencyException and the reason: ‘-[UITableViewController loadView] instantiated view controller with identifier “UITableViewController-xNs-ci-Bii” from storyboard “Main”, but didn’t get a UITableView.’

I had the same issue earlier and was able to resolve it by cleaning the build, exiting Xcode and the Simulator, and then relaunching both and running the app. That didn’t work this time. I’m using Xcode 10.2 on the iPhone SE simulator.

I think I fixed it by basically just completely recreating the scene in the storyboard. I’m not sure whether it’s related, but it seemed like the navigation item (including the Cancel and Done Bar Buttons) had disappeared too. So, it’s good to be able to run the app again, but it would be nice to know a better (and less error-prone) work-around than having to completely rebuild the UI.

As the error indicated, it looks as if your app ended up in a state where the storyboard was corrupted or mangled for some reason. If the original storyboard is there, I can take a look, but without the storyboard, it’s not easy to tell you what caused the issue.

One thing you can do is commit to Git as you make changes so that you can revert back in incremental steps if this happens again instead of having to go back all the way. That’s the easiest workaround I can think of.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.