Chapter 15 opacity problem

In Chapter 15: Making Drop Charge,

when it says to drag a color sprite from the object library to be a container, it says to set its opacity to 0% via Color. There is no option that I can see, only Alpha, and when I set it to 0, the color sprite object and its children are invisable. I am using Xcode 11.3.1.

I can’t open the Chapter 15 project files either only the starter file with the resource images works. I get this error message when trying to open the final and challenge files:
The project ‘DropCharge’ is damaged and cannot be opened due to a parse error. Examine the project file for invalid edits or unresolved source control conflicts.
I can review the swift files in textEdit though.

Just figured out how to change the opacity of the color sprite object in spritekit scene editor. When the color bar is clicked, it will open a window, and where it says customize on the bottom, click on it. Then that is where the opacity can be changed.

Once opacity is set to zero, click off the window and then click again. In the color window, scroll to top, and where it says recently used colors, click on the black and white box to make the color sprite have no opacity.

Thank you for sharing your solution on the forum @game_gecko! Glad you were able to solve the problem.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.