Chapter 14 example issue

I am reading the Server-Side Swift with Vapor third edition.
It is a wonderful learning trip from ch.1 to Ch.13. However, when compiling the example on the Chapter 14 , there are many errors occur, like:
Cannot convert value of type ‘DatabaseIdentifier<User.Database>’ to expected argument type ‘DatabaseIdentifier<User.Database>’

I cannot catch the error meaning and don’t know how to solve these problems.

At the same time, I am wondering when will you update the rest chapter content after Ch.14.

Just hit this too. It looks like it suddenly drops back to Vapor 3 after the first section. Not clear if it picks up again to Vapor 4 later.

Leaf is going through a few changes right now. However, there is an excellent article that explains these changes. You can combine this knowledge with Chapter 14 and possibly come up with a great solution.
You can find the article here: What's new in Leaf 4 (Tau)? - The.Swift.Dev.

Thanks for providing the reference address of the Leaf 4 article.

Hi all, yep as stated at the start of Chapter 14, that chapter hasn’t been updated yet. Basically everything is held up with Leaf, however we’re now starting up again as Leaf is about to be tagged so watch this space!

1 Like

Hi Tim,
Are you able to give a time frame when the updates to this chapter (and the rest of the book?) can be done or is the Leaf update a big blocker for this.

Happy New Year,
Kieran

2 Likes

Hi @kiwi5555 apologies for the delay, I missed the notification for this. The update to the book is (hopefully) being released this month. All the chapters are in the editing pipelines. For up to date code you can check out GitHub - raywenderlich/vpr-materials: The projects and materials that accompany the Server-Side Swift with Vapor book and the outstanding PRs for the updated projects until the book is out

1 Like