Chapter 1 problem: Unrecognized option `-[NSView'

Just stated Advanced Apple Debugging, but hit a snag on in Chapter 1, “Finding a class with a click”.

When I input the following into lldb:

b -[NSView hitTest:] Breakpoint 1: where = AppKit`-[NSView hitTest:], address = 0x000000010338277b

I get this error:

unrecognized option `-[NSView’

I can’t see what I’m doing wrong. I’ve managed to have everything previous work. Maybe it’s because I made an iOS project, but NSView and AppKit are Mac stuff? But the book does say to make an iOS project.

@lolgrep Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hey @metzopaino, in Chapter 1, you should be using the Terminal window and LLDB to attach and debug to Xcode. I think what is happening is you are using Xcode’s console view which is debugging an iOS application.

Hopefully that makes sense. You are debugging an application that is debugging an iOS application.

That would explain why their are no NSView breakpoints.

If you are debugging the correct application, and still having this problem, I’d suggest trying to surround the breakpoint with quotes. Hopefully that resolves it

Hi, i still have this issue. Help me resolve it. im not able to move past first chapter.
@metzopaino Where u able to solve it. Do guide me. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.