Ch 10: Ball and Barrier Bugs

I completed chapter 10 and found some issues with the ball and barriers when testing on a device (iPhone 6s). I reduced the ball’s velocity to 2.5 to slow things down a bit and ran across the following.

1: Sometimes the top barriers, left or right, disappear from the scene and come back shortly after. They appear to come back as the scene refreshes through the render loop.

2: Sometimes when hitting the ball with the very edge of the paddle the ball goes through the barriers and goes off screen and never returns. This might be related to the first issue.

Question is, how best to debug the above issues. Is there a way to determine when a node disappears during the render loop? And/or could the ball simply be going through the top and bottom barriers if the ball is at a certain vector?

Found the answer to this in another forum post.

Forgot to click unsure when copying the barrier and paddle element nodes. This fixed the problems I was seeing.

Did getting rid of sharing fix the ball going missing issue? I still that issue, and I did make sure to unshare all of the barrier objects. I was wondering if there’s a chance that by moving the ball too fast, the physics engine misses a collision with the barriers.

I got the same (2) issue in Scene Editor and Simulator. On real device everything works perfect.

@chrislanguage Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]