Can't view any of the video tutorials in Safari, Firefox, Chrome - can someone help?

Hi There,

Long time user of RW.com but recently have not been able to view any video tutorials. A blank space where the video should be appears each time I try without an error message…d

So far I’ve tried to:

• Clear the Cache
  • Clear History
  • Clear Cookies

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I saw that you were having problems with
https://videos.raywenderlich.com/screencasts/911-elegant-transitions-with-hero

Can you please tell me if the latest video does or does not work for you?
https://videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/87-mastering-git/lessons/5

Thank you!

Hi @alombard

Apologies for the issues you’ve been experiencing. I have some questions:

1. If you try a different browser, do you experience the same problems?
  2. Are you using any content-blocker plugins?
  3. Are you seeing any errors in the console?

If none of these help you get to the bottom of the problem, please could you open a support ticket by emailing support@razeware.com, including some screenshots of the problem?

Thanks very much

sam

I’ve noticed today that I con play some videos, but not others.
For example: I can NOT play the Mapkit Intro video #1.
However I CAN play the next video: Core Location #2.

In the Intermediate swift course I can NOT play Videos 1 through 6, but I CAN play 7 and beyond.

I tried Chrome, then tried switching to Safari. Same thing happens on Safari.

I can’t see the Elegant Transitions with Hero video either! I get the title screen, but pressing the play button just results in a black screen with a spinner going round and round.

I’m using Chrome. Looking at the network trace, I show a 404 error on https://player.vimeo.com/803497018/playlist.m3u8

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the problems you’ve been experiencing with some of the videos over the past couple of days. This was due to a CDN issue with our provider. They’re working on a fix for it, which should be deployed by the end of the week.

In the meantime, I’ve just deployed a version of the site that should allow you to view videos again. It uses a fallback video player, which doesn’t have quite the same functionality that you’re used to, but it will at least allow you to watch videos again.

Once again, apologies for the the problems

Sam

1 Like

Thanks Sam! You Rock!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m also unable to view videos in the latest Safari. I’m assuming it’s a player bug and you can overcome it by moving the time to 00:01 or 00:02 - when you do that, the video starts playing.

Thank you for the heads up - much appreciated! @samdavies Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thanks! :]

@jovanborne

Thanks for pointing this problem out—we’ve just pushed a new version of the videos site that should address this issue. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks!

sam

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.