Brian's annoying habit

I just finished the beginning TableView course. Throughout it, Brian keeps saying “like so.” If I had a dollar for every time that woke up my Amazon Echo, I would be a rich man.

Thomas

1 Like

@thomasbrock Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated! :]

1 Like

Piccard: Make it so!
Me: Like so
Piccard: No make it so!
Me: Like so
Piccard: I said, make it so
Me: Like, so.

lol - thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep that in mind in future courses. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ya, this one is pretty brutal. As minor a thing as it is, I need to be able to fully concentrate when diving in to something new and my mind keeps focusing on this being said every time code is touched instead of the content. I still haven’t been able to get through the course because of it as it gets so overwhelming and I find myself so distracted I have to just turn it off. That’s fully on me and how my brain operates (or fails to :smiley:) of course, I mean this constructively… though selfishly too as I hope to see an edited version every time I log in.

What’s funny: it gets a little bit better in future videos, but now since it’s not every single time my mind has turned it into a game show, further distracting me (and further my own fault!). Every time code is about to get touched I’m thinking “come on, ‘like so’ come on, ‘like so’!” big whammy! and then “woohoo!” when it happens. So I guess at least there’s that haha

I’ve had other videos trigger her as well, but there is something about the TableView course that just takes it to another level. It was all “like so”-“ding”-“STOP” over and over again. I should have just unplugged the Echo, but I’m stubborn and just kept yelling at her. :slight_smile:

I think it is not cool to put it out in public, you could have pm to him first.

1 Like

Well, this is sort of rude!

My Echo is kind of lazy, didn’t wake up a single time. That said, it does randomly wake up when I sneeze. I’m glad @bdmoakley took the comments lightly. Cheers!