Box Collider does not support negative scale or size

Hi - I am up to the start of Chapter 8 and have just realised I am getting a warning in the console about “Box Collider does not support negative scale or size”.

It doesn’t seem to be causing any game play issues as game seems to playing as everything says it should. I have looked at all the box collider components and cannot seem to find where anything is with a negative number so cant find the problem.

Anyone else encountered this?

@nathansimbahan Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hello @darthcolejoy
The Box Collider does not support negative scale or size warning is normal. This happens since we flip the gameobject when the character is facing the other way, This also flips the box collider used for detection.

This shouldn’t pose an issue in your game, The warning is there to remind you that using a negative scale on colliders might yield unwanted or wrong collision results. This shouldn’t happen for BGSK since the collision in game are all axis aligned and the negative scale is only on one axis.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes