Book Format in PDF

Iā€™m more convenient reading books in pdf format. So, Iā€™m also prefer the PDF format. Please support again the PDF format!. Hope raywenderlich will support us to continue our reading in pdf.

2 Likes

Well, I see some long time has passed and there is no answer from your side. Every of your book is cost 59.99 and you donā€™t even bother to provide a pdf version. Just an awesome customer care, bravo! Honestly I didnā€™t expect something like this from you.
Itā€™s also a big shame to not answer to people after so many months. No, really, shame on you!!!.

1 Like

Same here, Iā€™ll stop buying everything new from this site

1 Like

Hilarious thread, thanks for everyone involved!

1 Like

Yeah, this makes it impossible to use on for example ReMarkable. ePub is insanely slow. PDF is portable, thatā€™s what the P stands for.

1 Like

Perhaps the new CEO will see things differently. Or at least strive to make forums like this one more responsive rather than an ongoing echo chamber of dissatisfaction.

Itā€™s difficult to understand the ePub fanboi position when the Apple Books readers have long NOT properly supported 3rd party (i.e. anything not purchased from the Apple Book Store) content, constantly offloading downloaded materialā€¦ even when in the middle of actively reading it.

PDF readers are feature rich; platform-native ePub readers are anything but. Oh, did you want to scroll through thumbnails? Did you want to print that handy reference chart? Maybe quickly zoom out to see that block of code thatā€™s cut off on your deviceā€™s screen? Mark something up?

ā€œsolves most of the use casesā€ literally means not all. There was no problem ā€œsolvedā€ by eliminating the most basic format for the printed page. Please get (back) with the paying-customer-friendly program @rwenderlich.

1 Like

Years being subscriber, buying books, and now I have no access to any of the pdf that I had before. Is this serious?
I canā€™t understand this decision.

2 Likes

Why canā€™t I download my pdf books? Even the books previously to the decision of removing pdf from the subscription? What kind of joke is this?

2 Likes

Dear new CEO @mderrick15
You are sending us (spamming) emails about every 3 days for a spring sale, but Iā€™m not going to purchase anything new until PDFs are back, even if you give us a 70% sale. I wanted to purchase Flutter and Dart books but wonā€™t do that already.
Thank you for your attention, although I suspect you will notice this thread ever.

I have noticed the thread, and it is actually something that we discussed this past week. Expect to hear some news from us in the next week or so and rest assured, we have heard you.

2 Likes

Hoping for positive news, I really like your books but wonā€™t buy a eBook any longer that is not available as a pdf or .mobi , I use the kindle app across my computers (mac and PC) .

Thanks!

2 Likes

If I may add my preference here as well, there is NEVER a time when I would use a web browser to read anything if there is an EPUB or PDF available.

Please reconsider this decision.

2 Likes

We have heard you, and I do very much appreciate the passion behind it: https://www.raywenderlich.com/22267547-who-loves-pdf-books-we-do-again Please be patient as we work to catch up with all the books, and we appreciate your continued support.

2 Likes

Matt, thank you so much for listening, I really enjoy your books and want to continue to buy them. I will definitely be stocking up again at the next sale and feel comfortable again buying one when I need it to get up to speed on a subject right away.

Wish you guys a lot of success, you have a great product and service.

This is awesome! Finally!

Thank you very much.

I like your online book reader, very cool! Dark mode, various font sizes etcā€¦ these are features, that are mostly not present in PDF and thatā€˜s the reason I donā€˜t like PDF very much. Therefore ePub and the online reader are perfect for me :slight_smile: One should ask Amazon why they donā€™t allow the open ePub.format like the rest of the world - itā€˜s money I guessā€¦ to be clear itā€˜s Amazon who is to blame here in my opinion

Same here.
I agree)))