Kodeco Forums

Blender Tutorial for Beginners: How To Make A Mushroom

Learn how to make a 3D mushroom in this Blender tutorial for beginners!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2622-blender-tutorial-for-beginners-how-to-make-a-mushroom

Great Tutorial! Amazing. I searched hard to learn basic but found this very help full. Basics,Shortcut Keys and event minor detail about a certain thing discussed is mentioned in detail.

Thanks! Glad it was helpful :]

1 Like

i would love if i had a person who helps me learn more in animation… your tutorial was helpful a lot… would love to know much and much about blender hope u would help.

Victoria,
Great learning tutorial. This helped greatly lessening the “learning curve”.
Unfortunately, I ran into issues with Blender 2.78 and textured painting.
Any chance of an update?

Thanks for the tutorial!

I solved it by going to the “Slots” tab → “Slots” → “Painting Model” → chose “Image” (instead of “Material”) and then in “Canvas Material” I chose the red image created before.
After this the mushroom became red as needed.
However painting still didn’t work. I forgot what I did but ultimately I got it working too, though I didn’t finish the tutorial yet so I don’t know if I’ll bump into more issues.
Using Blender 2.78c on Ubuntu.

Have the same problem. The mushroom turns white and when I use the brush it says “texture missing”. Either is the tutorial wrong or its a bug in Blender.
The tutorial is by the way excellent for a beginner. Sorry it don’t work all the way.

Awesome tutorial! I got hung up at the texture painting part, but it worked when I switched to the “Image” painting model instead of “Material”.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]