Beginning Table Views · Table View Controllers | Ray Wenderlich

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5995-beginning-table-views/lessons/3

At 3:11 of Lesson 3, you rename the .swift file, changing it from ViewController.swift to ChecklistViewController.swift.

What is the purpose of making this change? Does it do something as far as the functionality of the app?

Also, at 3:16, you state, “this ViewController file is what’s given in the Single View app”. What do you mean by “given” in this context?

By “given”, do you mean “provided by”? Or do you mean “displayed”? It is unclear, could you please explain? Thank you.

What is the purpose of making this change? Does it do something as far as the functionality of the app?

Functionality, it doesn’t change anything. That said, renaming lets me know its purpose at a glance. Later when I’m making changes, I don’t have to guess the purpose of the view controller

• Also, at 3:16, you state, “this ViewController file is what’s given in the Single View app”. What do you mean by “given” in this context?*

When you create a Single View App, Xcode creates a project that contains a few files. Every new project comes with a single view controller simply named ViewController. Projects also include an AppDelegate, an Info.plist, and some other files.

I hope that helps!