Beginning Table Views · Making Our Own Protocol | Ray Wenderlich

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5995-beginning-table-views/lessons/34

Your explanation of “defining protocols” sections is confusing, since the order is opposite.
I hope you have some scripts or summary of your words when you are saying important stuff in the beginning of each lesson.
I think you are explaining important concepts for future, but you just spit it out.

@bdmoakley Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

We use scripts when record our lecture portions. We don’t just adllib. Maybe you can provide greater clarification in regards to your confusion and I may be able to help. Thanks.

I generally appreciate how your course is organized.
However, when you explained a concept before getting into coding, it would be better to have some figures or analogies.

For example, you explained the concept of delegate, which I understand is a very important pattern in iOS development.
But, you just said there are data source methods, delegate methods and so on.
I think you should have at least some diagram telling the relationship between two controlviews in terms of delegate.

I understand the delegate is somewhat a confusing concept and takes time to explain, but without clear picture, students will be just busy to type the codes you wrote without understanding.

This is the video that I watched for understanding the concept. He explained without too much detailed code.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll make sure to re-review it when we update the course.

58%20PM

i got this error how can i fix it

@bdmoakley Can you please help with this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

The problem is your method signature. It should be:

func addItemViewController(_ controller: AddItemTableViewController, didFinishAdding item: ChecklistItem

Your signature reads the following:

func addItemViewController(_ controller: AddItemTableViewController, didFinishAddingItem: ChecklistItem

You took the item parameter and merged it into the name. Add a space between didFinishAdding and item and you’ll be okay.

1 Like