Beginning iOS 10 Part 2 Checklists - Part 2: Table | Ray Wenderlich

In this video, you'll learn the basics of table views and how to incorporate them into your app.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3871-beginning-ios-10-part-2-checklists/lessons/2

Hi, Thanks for the tutorial!
I am a beginner, trying to understand the concepts. In the first challenge, there are two things I need to ask.

1. There’s this [Array<String>] expression, I don’t know what that means.
  2. What does fileprivate mean? I don’t see any explanation or documentation in Swift.

Thanks!

Direnc

I’m new to IOS as well but 1) seems to be an array of generic Arrays of type String and 2) I think fileprivate means that the file is meant to be private to the class that declared it (I haven’t looked at the source code myself though). You will probably need a getter to access it.

1 Like

Hello dude,

Thanks a lot for your tutorials. It’s really great but I noticed you have a gap between voice and video, the voice is late compared to the video. It’s only your videos that are like that, it’s a little bit confusing but thanks a lot for your tutorials, they are really great and helpful.