Beginning Firebase | Ray Wenderlich

Firebase is a mobile-backend-as-a-service that provides several features for building powerful mobile apps. Firebase has three core services: a realtime database, user authentication and hosting. With the Firebase SDK, you can use these services to build powerful apps without writing a single line of server code.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4203-beginning-firebase

Hey! Does this course cover how to structure Firebase code? I’m trying to figure out where to put my Firebase code and whether / how to abstract it all into a helper class of sorts.

Would this course be good for that?
thanks!

Hey there, this course just covers the basics of working with firebase. It doesn’t cover architecture issues or best practices when incorporating firebase.

Hey, good work with this tutorial! Why not invest in a complete tutorial and/or books about Firebase? The analytics parts is also a gap for many of us developers.

@ygornascimento Thank you for the suggestion - much appreciated! I will send it to the tutorial team and book team.

1 Like