Beginning Auto Layout · Autoresizing | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/7478-beginning-auto-layout/lessons/2
1 Like

Failing to understand autoresozing mask … illustration is no good

@catie Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi there! I’m sorry you’re having trouble with this one. Can you be more specific about what you’re finding confusing?

Catie, I’ve subscribed for the video tutorials and I’m not sure where I post questions for each tutorial.
I’m currently working on the “Autolayout” video and there’s no
“New Topic” button, on that page, to post my questions.

Do I just use the “Continue Discussion” button to post my own questions
or is there another forum to post questions for the video tutorials?

One question I currently have is how do I reduce the size of the “Preview” screen? I can reduce the size of the iPhone or iPad that I’m working on but I can’t find where to reduce the size of the “Preview” section. The “Previews” are difficult to see especially the iPads because they’re displaying full size.

Thanks,

Gary

@catie @jessycatterwaul @jcatterwaul Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi Gary,

Yes, you should just use the “Continue Discussion” button to add your own questions to the existing thread.

If you have a trackpad, you can pinch in and out to zoom. That works in both the Preview and the main Interface Builder editor. If you don’t have a trackpad, I don’t know of a good way to resize the devices in the Preview. Your only option is to double click in the gray area outside of the previewed devices, which will switch between two preset zoom scales. That can be a bit tricky when you’re looking at an iPad! You need to scroll all the way to one side and then double click just outside of the displayed iPad.

Thanks again for your help Catie.

1 Like