If you ask a question properly, you’re more likely to get help!
Here are some tips on asking a question:
- What does the console say when you crash? This is the first clue and will often tell you exactly what’s wrong if you can decipher it - and if you can’t, check here :]
- Have you set an “all exceptions” breakpoint? If not, please do so. If an exception is thrown, please post the line where the exception is thrown and a reasonable amount of surrounding code.
- Does the compiler generate any warnings? Even seemingly benign or unrelated ones. Never ignore warnings?
- What do you do to cause the crash? Does the app immediately crash on launch, or is it when you segue to a certain view controller or press a certain button? Please give us an overview of the sequence of steps required to produce the crash.
- What, if anything, have you already tried? Even if your attempted fixes were not successful, they can still provide some useful cues. If you simply don’t know where to begin or what to try, that’s OK–please ask!
Happy questioning! :]