Auto Layout Tutorial in iOS: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

In this Auto Layout tutorial, you’ll learn how to use constraints and apply them to making iOS apps.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/811496-auto-layout-tutorial-in-ios-getting-started

This is an excellent tutorial. I’m forever having to rethink what I’m doing with AutoLayout, and invariably get it wrong in a million places. Sigh. This tutorial is a great refresher.
Dare I say, there is one thing else that I forever get mixed up, and that’s this bit. The paragraph that explains …

This toggles between a long title and a short title for the button that triggered the event. Connect this action method to both of the buttons in Interface Builder. Control-drag from each button to the view controller in the Document Outline and select buttonTapped : in the pop-up.

It’s the control drag bit. With no image displayed on how or what to drag - and my bad memory - I always have to fiddle around to find/remember what to connect.
Is it the Button on the Storyboard to the little round yellow dot at the top? Is it the (word) button in the left-hand panel to the Yello Dot, or to the button on the storyboard… And every tutorial I see doesn’t give a visual explanation of it. Just a thought to help out dummies like me.

But otherwise … love it.
Thanks

@shanghaitimes Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated! We’ll take it into account for future updates. Thanks again!

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!